What is Herbalife Shake?
You may have heard Herbalife Shake at least once or twice in your life, either from the internet or from your friends and family. I'm sure at least one of the people you've met in life has once introduced and offered you this product.
Herbalife is a multi-level marketing business that markets nutritional supplements and personal care goods in more than 90 countries around the globe, and one of its products is Herbalife Shake.
One of the most famous Herbalife Shake is the Formula 1 Healthy Meal Nutritional Shake Mix. The product has a variety of tastes, including French Vanilla, Banana Caramel, Dutch Chocolate, Wild Berry, and many others. And it declares to help you with weight loss. The product label says that the shake mix primary ingredients are soy protein isolate, a form of plant-based protein powder, and fructose (a type of sugar). The shake will provide you with protein (nine grams) to help you feel full, but will also add nine grams of sugar to your daily total.
Besides Formula 1, there are other Herbalife Shakes on the market:
- Herbalife Protein Drink Mix contains 110 calories, 5 grams carbohydrate, 15 grams protein, 3 grams of fat, and one gram of sugar. If you mix the protein powder with milk, you'll need to add the milk nutrients to get complete nutrition facts.
- Herbalife Personalized Protein Powder contains 20 calories, 0 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams protein, 0 grams of fat, and 0 grams of sugar in each serving (without milk)
- Herbalife H30 Fitness Drink contains 60 calories, 14 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams protein, 0 grams of fat, and 12 grams of sugar. This beverage mix is designed for after-workout consumption and also provides 100 milligrams of sodium and 100 milligrams of potassium.
How to properly practice diet with Herbalife Shake?
Customers who desire to lose weight use the Formula 1 shakes as part of a mixed program. There are three to choose from, which are: Quick Start Program, Advanced Program, and Ultimate Program.
Each unit gives Formula 1 shake mix with different combinations of supplements that the company claims will help improve your odds of weight loss.
Here are the details about the programs:
- The Quickstart Program: it involves meal-replacement shakes, a powdered tea drink, a multivitamin/mineral (MVM), and a metabolism-boosting addition.
- The Advanced Program: It covers everything from the Quickstart Program, plus two more supplements for boosting energy and decreasing fluid retention.
- The Ultimate Program: Covers everything from the Advanced Program, plus two additional supplements for blood sugar management and digestion.
Following the Herbalife diet is pretty comfortable.
You only need to substitute two meals each day with Herbalife shakes and consume the supplements that come with the program you follow.
There are no dietary constraints on the Herbalife diet. Still, they still advise you to drink a lot of water and eat small, frequent meals and snacks that include plenty of fruits and vegetables.
There are no official recommendations for how long you should stay on the Herbalife diet. Still, most people continue until they reach their weight loss goal.
My experience with Herbalife Shake
I've never been interested in Herbalife before. I've heard once or twice from my college friends, but at that time, I just thought it was too expensive for a college girl like me.
I was interested when I saw my father drank it. At that time, he was around 79 kg, didn't have any workout routines. Still, he was physically active because his job demanded him to move a lot, and he liked cleaning our house.
He only consumed the shake for about 3 weeks, and he said he lost 7 kg. I noticed his belly was reduced a lot. So, that got me interested in trying Herbalife products.
I finally bought a package of Herbalife products from a friend of mine. It consisted of:
- 1 Vanilla shake
- 1 Fiber tablet (180 tablets)
- 1 Additional protein
The total cost was around $35. It was the cheapest package. I just wanted to try if it worked out for me, so I thought I would buy the cheapest option first.
This is my second week consuming those products, and I've already lost 1,5 kg. I was expecting I would lose weight as much as my dad did. But maybe our physical activity level wasn't similar. My dad was more physically active with his job, while I spent most of the time at our home if I didn't have any classes. Perhaps that was the cause.
My friend told me that if I wanted to lose more, then I also needed to work out. So I'm planning to do more sports such as jogging and swimming.
Additionally, I didn't feel any negative effects. I've tried dieting before, and I felt limp throughout the day. But this time, I felt as energetic, if not more energetic as usual, even though I ate less than usual and replaced it with my Herbalife products.
So, in conclusion, Herbalife is effective in losing my weight, and it doesn't give me any side effects. But how much you can lose while consuming Herbalife products is still depend on your metabolism rate and physical activity. I suggest you not to depend only on these products, but also do some sports to make it effective.